Renault is known internationally for frequent revolutionary designs and advancements in security technologies that continue to impact the motor vehicle industry. Similarly, the new Sandero has cultivated a reputation for being a robust and reliable vehicle.
The Renault Sandero features the latest generation Bosch 8.1 antilock braking system (ABS) incorporating both Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Emergency Brake Assist (EBA). It also boasts one of the most durable and fuel-efficient engines when compared with other vehicles in its price range - making the Sandero car a street-smart choice for South African vehicle owners.
Each Sandero that is purchased is backed by the ‘Renault Confiance’ customer service package for your peace of mind. All Renault Sandero model types come standard with a 5-year or 150 000km mechanical warranty and a 6-year anti-corrosion warranty. All 1.6 United and higher model types of the Sandero also come with a 3-year or 45 000km service plan.
The standard specifications for the Sandero include:
• power steering
• collapsible steering wheel
• height adjustment for the driver’s seat
• driver’s airbag
• four speakers and pre-fitted wiring for a CD receiver
• heated rear screen with wash-wipe function
• high-mounted third brake light
• integrated immobiliser
• adjustable headlight level
• full wheel covers and a 14-inch steel spare wheel
The Sandero 1.4i Play accelerates from 0-100kph in 13.0 seconds, reaching a top speed of 161kms per hour, while returning a combined-cycle fuel consumption of approximately 7 litres per 100km. This drops to 5.4 litres per 100 kilometres when driving the 1.4i Play Ltd Edition on the freeway or open road.
The fuel-injected 8-valve 1.4-litre 4-cylinder engine (with a 5-speed manual gearbox) produces a power output of 55kW at 5 500 revs per minute, linked to a torque peak of 112Nm at 3 000 revs per minute. All Renault Sandero models are standard equipped with a catalytic converter, and the CO2 emissions rating for the 1.4 is 165g per km.
Not only does the 1.4 Authentique 5 door car from Renault come with the standard 5-year or 150 000km mechanical warranty and 6-year anti-corrosion warranty - you also have the option to purchase a 3-year (or 45 000 km) service plan, and a 5-year (or 60 000km) maintenance plan.
- an additional passenger side airbag with deactivation switch
- air conditioning
- a key-operated central-locking system
- satin chrome dashboard facia and interior door strip finishes
- white instrument dials with satin chrome surrounds
The Sandero United 1.6 8v boasts a more comprehensive collection of active safety features than the standard models previously mentioned. The 5 door Renault Sandero United has an advanced Bosch 8.1 anti-locking braking system (ABS), as well as EBD and EBA. This model also receives remote central locking with selective unlocking functionality, and the Renault Anti-Intrusion Device (RAID) for increased security.
The Renault Sandero Cup 5 door unit is a step up from the 1.6 8v United model. The Sandero Cup exhibits electrically operated front windows, an MP3-compatable CD receiver, body-coloured side mirrors and satin chrome door handles. These add-ons, coupled with the additional safety features of the Sandero 8v United - make the Sandero Cup a significant purchase for any prospective vehicle owner. Sandero League: top of the range Taking the top spot as the most-exclusive model, the full spec Sandero League 5 door unit is the finest package the Sandero 8v Renault range offers. Incorporating all the safety features of the United with the additional luxury features of the Cup, the Sandero League includes:
- electric mirrors
- electrically operated front and rear windows
- 60:40-split for the folding rear seats
- height-adjustable front seatbelts
- satin chrome finishes on the air vents and gear knob insert
- body-coloured side-door mouldings
- colour-coded grille with chrome detail strip
- front fog lamps
- 15-inch alloy wheels shod with 185/65 R15 tyres